Skip to main content.
Sunday, April 1st, 2007

Blog Moved to Subdomain

I’m trying something new again that might mess a bunch of things up. I set up the subdomain blog.gregrperry.com for this blog. It’s one of my first tries with subdomains.

All the files are still actually located in www.gregrperry.com/blog/, so I guess it’s some sort of redirect. The first thing I noticed is the pop up saying that my Google Maps API key was for a different site – www.gregrperry.com is different than blog.gregrperry.com. I got a new API key, so now everyone else who comes in through the old way will be seeing the pop up.

I’m also guessing this is going to screw up my search results in Google and other search engines, and probably screw up my PageRank. The redirect is also botching things when I try to log into other sites using OpenID.

I’ll have to chalk all this up to learning experiences.

Posted by Greg in My Website

Comments Off on Blog Moved to Subdomain

This entry was posted on Sunday, April 1st, 2007 at 12:11 PST and is filed under My Website. You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.